Monday, April 22, 2013

Development Progress Week 12

Hey guys, Monkeydlu here

It's finals week here at my university, but work is coming along, although this is the first time I've become genuinely frustrated with this project.

I'm currently working with a the ccMenuAdvanced class, it's a pretty good class from what I can tell, but I still can not figure out for the life of me how to actually use it, but I need it because I need support for a scrolling menu for the list of skills a character can use in battle.

anyways, other than that, things I've done since last time:

-Set up the character info menu. Character status menu will have 3 tabs, each for a different page.
-Page 1 is general information, so all of a character's stat parameter values, a short desc, it's equipment etc etc.
-Page 2 is the soul page, it displays the character's 2 pieces of equipment, as well as 3 slots below each, and 5 souls with numbers on them indicating how many you possess. Click and drop will imbune souls to the equipment.
-Page 3 is the skills page, it just a skill tree of icons, clicking on an icon will show the skills name, desc, and pre reqs if any, as well as a learn or exit button.
-So far only page 3 is implemented, but it is fully functional, albiet extremely ugly since theres no graphics so all the skills is just a pink box. Correctly levels up skills based on their pre reqs, doesn't allow for skills that don't have it's pre reqs met to be leveled, and properly uses up skill points.
-Fixed a bug with how the animations were being handled in the battle, where enemy attacks would reset a player's timer bar.
-Started work on using a skill in battle. Having trouble with ccmenuadvanced.

well thats where I am now. I could post screens, I really could... in fact I should, but I'm so lazy and everything is so ugly haha.

Actually forget it lol, I'll post a couple >.>

This is the same characters selection, but it's showing off the sexy soul coloring system, where each character has a soul color. 
Every class has a base set of colors, for example, the Berserker shown above is 5 parts Red, 4 parts Green, 3 parts yellow, 2 parts purple, and 1 part blue.
Of course, every time you imbue a soul to it, it adds to that color (as well as gaining 1 stat point in line with the color) creating a uniquely colored soul for every character.


This is just showing the new battle system style, pretty simple. Similar to the old battle system, except it's just a traditional 2d enemy only battle screen. Still uses the FTL load bar system. A little menu very similar to the old one pops up at the bottom with 4 options of "Attack, Skill, Item, Cancel"

This is showing the skill menu tab of the character menus. The character menu opens when you tap the character portrait when in the dungeon map, and closes when you tap the same character again (or a x button I'll put in later on.) This completely works now, which is nice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment