Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Development Progress Week 7

Hi guys, Monkeydlu here.

I've made a good amount of progress again since last time, and the week isn't even over yet!

Spring break is coming up soon, so hopefully I'll be getting some decent work in on this project.

Anyways, I'm glad to say the battle system is coming along somewhat nicely!

things completed since last time:
-Unit representations on the battle grid completed.
-Battle map grid reworked to be handled differently with more accessibility.
-created linking methods between tiles, and if their occupied.
-created the move command for player units.





though although so far all I have is the movement system implemented, it's still pretty neat!

It sets up the basics so that attacks and skills and items can come much easier. Hopefully by the end of this weekend I'll have attack figured out. 

After that will come the enemy ai, and of course the enemy data base itself. 

After that, which should be somewhere around after spring break, will come setting up the custom sprite sheets and animations, still using place holders of course :(

but Skills and Items will come last. I will probably move on to work on the character status screen and dungeon progression before working on those. 

Anyways, I made a short little video showing off some game play for the first time, hope you enjoy! I'm excited about this project, it's starting to come together a bit finally!


No comments:

Post a Comment